Wednesday 1 May 2013




As the seemingly endless stretch of ten days since Vedantha left for Boston draws to a close, I contemplate what a difficult time it’s been, and just how much I need his Indian presence in my life. Here are the five things I have missed most about him:

1) The face he puts on when I’m upset about something. It’s very difficult to describe, but if you’ve ever been upset and told him about it, you’ll know what I mean – it’s a sort of mock sad face, accompanied with ‘Aw come on man it’s ok’, and the worst kind of half-hearted hug.

2) My ability to just phone him up with some really unimportant announcement, e.g. I just wrote a song about rain, and his ability to sound genuinely enthusiastic. When I have actual news, he’s usually not paying attention, just looking off into the distance thinking Vedantha thoughts…

3) His mum’s cooking. I know this is technically something I miss about her, but since she always has to cook for him (Vedantha’s last cooking endeavour involved him mistaking two ‘cloves’ of garlic for two ‘bulbs’ of garlic) I reckon he deserves some of the credit.

4) His laugh. He laughs like a ten year old.

5) Being able to discuss football with him, as he’s really good at keeping up with our mutual football team (Newcastle). Oh no wait, that’s a lie – I just couldn’t think of a fifth thing. So, on reflection, I haven’t actually missed him that much. But still, looking forward to working on the album :) come home Vedantha (with presents)

Ned

26/11/2012 - The Five Things I Miss Most About Vedantha

No comments:

Post a Comment